Monday, April 4, 2016

Cotton Ball Waster

Let me talk about the biggest cotton ball waster in my arsenal right now. As in, to remove nail polish off of one hand, I go through about 20 cotton balls. To the point I'm considering resorting to a white glue base coat for easy removal.
I'm talking about the Beauty 360 Strengthening Nail Polish Remover with gelatin for Natural Nails that is once again, a CVS brand.
I'm not knocking CVS brands intentionally. In fact, CVS is where I get a lot of my stuff, mostly because it's easy to pop in there when I need to pick up medicine or first aid stuff or just need 20+ black hair ties real quickly. It's easy to snag a bottle of nail polish on sale there, or a new lip color or eye shadow or face product in my never ending search for something that won't break out my face or dry it out too badly. It's easy and convenient. Their house brands on a lot of things just tend to suck badly.

Last year when I was growing out my nails, I was looking for anything to condition my nails, to strengthen them, anything to keep them looking decent as I tapered off the biting habit. I could do a full post on how I stopped biting my nails, honestly. Switching to "gentle" nail polish removers with the buzz words "strengthening", "natural", and "with gelatin" seemed to tick all the boxes in my head for a good idea purchase.
I was never more wrong in my life.
To get this to work really nicely I have to wrap the cotton ball around my finger, wrap aluminum foil around that, and let it sit on my fingers until it's so cold and damp and miserable that I can't let it sit anymore, before sliding it down with nearly-painful pressure.
And then repeat because it'll only take off roughly 2/3s of the polish. Even less if it has shimmer.

Have any of you fell for a nail polish remover fail like this? Let me know down in the comments, I'd love to hear what else I should avoid.

No comments:

Post a Comment