Monday, April 4, 2016

Pop Arazzi Clear

Okay, so this wasn't exactly something I bought myself, it was a gift in my Musical Revue basket from one of the other Senior Moms, things that might come in handy at some point during the show (Hair ties, bobby pins, Kleenex, you know the drill). I didn't have to use it for it's intended purpose of stopping runs in tights so I had the whole bottle when I brought everything home after closing night.

It's a CVS brand I believe, and runs really cheaply. I want to say it's around $2 each? It comes in a variety of colors, but after trying this, I'm hesitant to try the colors (though they do look really pretty...) based on two factors alone.
It's not very durable.
It has a god awful smell to it.
There, I said it. This adorable bottle isn't great. It's thin and dries fast, which is always nice, but it's smelly and can be easily scraped off. This isn't too good for something calling itself an "Adhesion Base Coat" with the name "Sticky Situation"

The smell though, that's the one consistent comment I see about it, and always it's that it smells bad, and that people were actually googling if this was intentionally scented or not. It's not a subtle smell, either. It hits you the second you open the bottle, this traditional nail polish smell with undertones of lemon scented bathroom cleaner. It's nauseating, headache inducing and disgusting.
If all their polishes smell this bad, then I can definitely say I'm not going to be buying it any time soon. Blech. I'll save my $2 and buy a decent base coat, thank you very much.

No comments:

Post a Comment