Sunday, April 3, 2016

Nail Talk

Okay, I think I should preface this with the fact that it was only within the last year I stopped biting my nails. Ew, I know, but now that they've grown out and I've stopped biting, I find myself looking at them going "I could do better color wise..." Which leads me to try a lot of strange nail polishes.
Like today's pick, a Pure Ice polish in the color "First Love". I've seen a couple other blogs review it, and the reviews seemed mixed. Some loved it, others hated it. I happen to like it. It has its uses.
This is what the stock photo on the Walmart website makes it look like, a pretty light shimmery pink color, but in the bottle, it's really not that bright a pink. Don't get me wrong, it's still VERY pink on, but it's super sheer and shimmery, so the color is never going to be this strong. I'm pretty sure the way I described it to my mom when we bought it was "It's like the inside of that pretty sea shell I have".
See? You can tell it's pinkish, but it's not overly pink like the stock photo. 

On the website, it says to put on two coats, but I prefer a nicer, less sheer shade, so I did about five layers on my fingers.
Here it is with only one coat on, very sheer, would make a nice look over a strong polish....

Five Coats, this is also several days old at this point, I should mention
I did this without a nude layer, so you can see the nail line, however, with this polish I don't mind it. I know some people do, so even with five coats if you don't like VNL, wear a nude color under it. 

As for drying time, it's relatively quick, but it you layer it too fast, it never dries and gets gloppy. Ew. Not a good look on anyone. 
Running around $2.07 at my Walmart, I'd say it's worth a try if you're looking for something sheer and shimmery to wear, or to layer over a bolder color. 

Have any of you tried this color, if so, what're your thoughts on it? 

No comments:

Post a Comment